We are presently updating the JWA platform for manuscript submission. We are now accepting manuscript through the eScholarship Janeway platform. You may submit directly to the journal by using the Submit button on the upper right hand side of the screen. Before you do that please be sure that your manuscript:
- Falls within the Scope of JWA publications (Composition/Writing Studies & Educational Measurement)
- Addresses Significant Problem/Issue for Field
- Explains how it relates to or extends current research and theory
- Describes/Uses methodology consistent with theoretical orientation
- Makes a significant contribution to field
- Writing quality is adequate to send for review
- Adheres to APA formatting
- Addressed IRB/Human Subjects if needed
Once you hit the Submit button, you will be asked to create an eScholarship Janeway account. This account allows you to follow the manuscript through review, copy editing, production, and publication. During the submission process, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Manuscript Title
- Abstract and other meta-data for your submission.
Please note that typical JWA articles range between 7,000 and 10,000 words. If you plan to submit a much longer or short article, contact us at at email@example.com first.
If you have any questions about the submission process -- or encounter any technical difficulties, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support of the Journal of Writing of Assessment!